Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Chicken, mushroom & avocado fettuccine

Some Facts About AVOCADO:
  • Avocado is popular in chicken dishes and as a spread on toast, served with salt and pepper.
  • A whole medium avocado contains approximately 21 grams of fat, though most of it is monounsaturated fat. Avocados also have 60% more potassium than bananas. They are rich in B vitamins, as well as vitamin E and vitamin K. They have the highest fiber content of any fruit - including 75% insoluble and 25% soluble fiber.
EASE: 2.5/5. Lots of prep and active cooking.
Prep time: 15mins. The peeling and slicing of the mushrooms is the most time consuming. You also have to slice the avocado and chicken. Getting all of the ingredients ready and boiling the water also takes time.
Cooking time: 30mins. 10mins to cook pasta and chicken, and 20mins to cook the sauce and combine with the pasta.
TOTAL: 45mins.

TASTE: 4/5.
I enjoyed it - I varied some of the amounts. Due to 1 dodgy avocado I only used 1 avocado, which Ryan said wasn't enough. I used 250g of egg fettuccine which made enough for 3.5 people. I used 250g of double cream, 200g mushrooms and 1/2 cup of chicken stock. I kept all other ingredients the same except I used a little sprinkling of dried dill rather than 2tbs fresh. I would add more mushrooms next time. I also sprinkled a little Parmesan on the top.

Would I make again: Yes.
Nice pasta dish with lots of veg and protein. Nice without the chicken also.

Recipe:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/13850/chicken+mushroom+avocado+fettuccine

No comments:

Post a Comment