Thursday, July 24, 2008

Chicken with Sauteed Thyme Mushrooms & Cheese Polenta

How gorgeous was the weather today? After we finished work we took Yoshi down to the milkbar to buy some ice creams to eat on our back porch. I appreciate sunny days in Winter the most as they are unexpected. I am however very much looking forward to Summer when everyday is ice cream weather.

Some Facts About POLENTA:
  • Polenta is a dish made from boiled conrmeal.
  • Polenta was originally a peasant food.
EASE: 3.5/5. Pretty quick and easy.Prep time: 5mins. To peel and slice mushrooms and get ingredients ready.Cooking time: 15mins. 10mins for the chicken and polenta cooked simultaneously, and 5mins for the mushrooms.TOTAL: 20mins. You just put everything in and cook away. Polenta is the most time consuming to cook. I used a saucepan for that and one large fry pan for the chicken, then the mushrooms.
TASTE: 2.5/5.
I'm not sure if it's because of the medication I am on but I didn't enjoy this - Ryan on the other hand didn't think it was that bad. The polenta was a little mushy and bland, but the mushrooms were decent. I used chicken breasts rather than thighs. I halved the recipe and it worked out well for 2 people.
Would I make again: No.
Didn't really enjoy it.
RECIPE:
http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/1840/chicken+with+sauteed+mushrooms+thyme
& http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/1841/creamy+cheese+polenta

No comments:

Post a Comment