Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tomato Basil Cream Pasta


After trying the vegan muffins, which were fantastic, I thought I would give this recipe a try.

ease:
4/5. You make your own sauce.
prep time: 10mins to make sauce.
cooking time:
5mins - I use angel hair pasta which cooks in 3mins.
total: 15mins.

taste:
3/5. I doubled this recipe, so I used two cans of chopped tomatoes. I made the HUGE mistake of forgetting to add salt or even some red wine to the sauce, so to say it came out bland is an understatement. I also didn't have enough fresh basil to double the recipe so I substituted 2tsp dry basil. This may have tasted nicer if I had actually seasoned it.

would I make it again:
No. Would just use a jar of sauce to make tomato pasta.
recipe: http://veganyumyum.com/2008/08/super-quick-tomato-basil-cream-pasta/

No comments:

Post a Comment