Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Cinnamon hot chocolate


I was trying to think of what to pair with some chopped up strawberries with organic double cream to make it that much more dessert-y.

I recently bought three jars of white, milk and dark callebaut chocolate drops along with a few other high quality ingredients. I've been sprinkling chocolaty goodness over porridge, cereal, fruit, you name it. So I thought, with the wintry weather we were having this evening, why not make a nice cup of hot chocolate to go with it.

And then I thought, what hot chocolate should I make - vanilla, orange, chilli, cinnamon... I like my hot chocolate to have a partner. And then I stumbled on this recipe, and cinnamon it was.

ease: 5/5.
prep time: 1min to grab ingredients.
cooking time: 6mins.
total: 7mins.

taste: 4/5. I made a lot of changes with this recipe so I will just post my version so you can see what I changed. Serves 4.

2 cups whole milk
1 10 cm cinnamon stick
3 tsp best quality cocoa
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tbsp honey
3/4 cup 70% dark chocolate
2 tbsp milk chocolate
2 tsp best quality vanilla extract

1. In a small saucepan, heat the milk, cinnamon stick, cocoa, and the ground cinnamon. Whisk constantly. Bring to a boil, and immediately reduce heat to low. Continue to whisk and heat on low for two minutes.
2. Still using a whisk, add the chocolate, honey, and vanilla extract to the heated mixture.
3. Once all the ingredients are combined, pour into small cups.

would I make it again: Yes. Might add 1tbsp milk chocolate an subtract 1tbsp dark chocolate. It is quite a rich hot chocolate, not super thick though.

recipe: http://thepinkpeppercorn.blogspot.com/2008/11/glorious-cinnamon-hot-chocolate.html

No comments:

Post a Comment