Monday, January 26, 2009

Blueberry granola bars


Happy Australia Day!

To be honest I had hoped I would put my Australia Day to better use. The morning/afternoon was spent literally procrastinating outside while I leisurely ate some muesli. Before I knew it, 4pm stopped by to say hello and I was left wondering if 1pm had even called, or if 2pm had sent a message. So here I was, 4 o'clock in the afternoon with nothing to show for the previous 4 hours (I sped through the morning asleep).

I was kind of hungry, but I didn't actually want to eat anything. Then I reconsidered and decided to make myself something, and hopefully by the time it was ready I would feel like eating it. I had some dried blueberries that had been gathering dust in my pantry waiting to be used to make my homemade muesli. As I had bought some really gorgeous muesli this week, I didn't see the point in making more. However I wasn't sure how else to use them, until I found this recipe. A healthy snack would be perfect for this week, and cooking them today would be optimal as the rest of the week is forecast to be in the high 30s perhaps 40s.


ease: 5/5. prep time: 5mins.
cooking time: 30mins.
total: 35mins.

taste: 4/5. I made quite a few changes to this recipe so I will post my recipe below:
  • 2 cups oats
  • 1 cup dried blueberries
  • 1/4 each of sunflower seeds, hazelnuts, crushed peanuts, flaked almonds
  • 3/4cup dessicated coconut
  • 3/4 cup honey
  • 4tbs butter
Preheat oven to 150C.
Mix all of the dry ingredients together then add the wet ingredients. Pour the mixture into a lined baking tray and bake them for 30mins. Cool and cut into slices. Makes 9 small bars.

My bars came out super moist and tended to break apart, I either added too much honey or I did not bake them for long enough (I didn't want crunchy bars). Will cook them a little longer next time, maybe 40mins.

would I make it again: Yes.

recipe: http://cafefernando.com/blueberry-granola-bars/

No comments:

Post a Comment