Monday, January 12, 2009

Broiled salmon in a mustard dill sauce


Anticipation - expectation or hope. The act of anticipating or the state of being anticipated.

My entire being is buzzing with anticipation; all of my thoughts are focused on the completion of my bathroom. I have never wanted to shower in my house this badly or for this long (6months almost).
Almost
is a word I do not care for now - the tiling is almost done, the paint is almost dry, your shower is almost finished. Screw you almost - I never really liked you anyway.

My arms are aching from trying to grasp the horizon that has now entered my sight - the wait is worse than that of Christmas Eve as a child; I want my present NOW! But alas, I will have to wait patiently for the last tap to be tightened and then at last, my house will finally become a home and I will be able to function as a human being, a very clean human being :)

As you know I have started to introduce more vegetarian and fish dishes into our weekly menu. This week there were supposed to be 2 chicken dishes. And then I found myself shopping at Leo's and lo and behold there in front of me, was a fresh seafood store, shining like a silver coin in the sun's fire. At the spur of the moment I decided to axe a chicken dish and catch myself a fish. The pink flesh of the Tasmanian Atlantic Salmon caught my eye so I bought two $6 skinless, boneless fillets and picked up some chat potatoes and green beans to go as a side.

I found this recipe online and thought I would alter it a bit as it wasn't 100% what I was after.

2 skinless Salmon fillets, de-boned
soy sauce for rubbing
3/4cup cream
1/4 olive oil
1tbs whole grain mustard
1tsp dill
salt and pepper to season

Rinse salmon fillets and pat dry. Place onto a foil lined tray and rub with soy sauce. Season with salt and pepper and place under grill in oven for 10mins or until cooked to your liking.
Meanwhile, whisk cream, oil, wholegrain mustard, and dill together. Season with pepper.
Place salmon onto a plate and spoon over sauce. Serves 2.

ease: 5/5.
prep time: 2mins for salmon, 3mins for sauce.
cooking time: 10mins.
total: 12mins.

taste: 4.5/5. The sauce is creamy, tangy, spicy and almost sweet. It masks the flavour of the salmon so would be good for people who don't like the taste of fish. I served this with boiled chat potatoes and steamed green beans.

would I make it again: Yes - super easy and I have the ingredients on hand.

recipe: http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Mustard-Dill-Sauce-13722

No comments:

Post a Comment