Saturday, January 3, 2009

Butternut & apple soup with sage parmesan bread


The weather didn't get as warm as I would have liked today, but the sun still shone well after 8:30pm. As a recent 'New years clean' has left my house feeling fresh and pleasant to be in I thought I'd spend some time cooking a time consuming meal.

I love pumpkin soup and at first I wasn't sure if Butternut squash was the same as butternut pumpkin but I decided to use butternut pumpkin to make this recipe. Everyone that commented was excited about the combination of butternut squash and apples, I was also, that is until I tasted the final product.

ease: 3/5. Time consuming and decent amount of washing up.
prep time: 30mins to chop all the veggies and roast the ones in the oven.
cooking time: 40mins to cook all ingredients combine, make bread and to blend soup.
total: 1hour & 10mins (I never include the time it takes to preheat the oven as everyone oven is different.)

\taste: 1.5/5.
Yuk. I couldn't even eat half and I was hungry. I am pretty sure it was the apple that ruined it as well as the apple cider as the soup had a really sharp, bitey tang that did not compliment the creamy pumpkin. No on liked this. I couldn't taste the sage either.

would I make it again: HELL NO.

recipe:
http://ourchocolateshavings.blogspot.com/2008/11/butternut-squash-and-apple-soup-with.html

No comments:

Post a Comment