Sunday, January 4, 2009

Merlot & quince lamb with mashed potatoes


A day trip to the Beach was planned for the day, but when the weather forecast changed from 30C to 25C we thought we'd shelve it for another hot weekend. With all of the abundant sunlight I have a stronger desire to cook; I don't look for 'quick' and 'easy' dinners as I normally do and instead relish the opportunity to spend some time in the kitchen.

I have a lot of potatoes and with the heat I need to use them up before they expire themselves, so mashed potato is definitely on the cards for tonight. To go with them I yanked some lamb chops out of the freezer and thought it a good idea to use up the last of a bottle of merlot that has been in my fridge long past it's intended stay.

8 lamb cutlets
3/4 cup of merlot
1tbs quince paste
1/2 chicken/beef stock cube
salt and pepper
olive oil

Heat olive oil in a non stick pan. Add lamb chops and quickly brown both sides. Add wine, quince paste, stock cube and salt and pepper. Cook until wine reduces and becomes sticky. Serves 2.

ease: 5/5. prep time: 1min
cooking time: 8mins
total: 9mins (not including mashed potatoes which takes around 30mins).

taste: 4/5. Ryan loved this.

would I make it again: Yes - super easy and quick.

No comments:

Post a Comment