Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Limoncello & blueberry slice


Now, there are good excuses as to why I haven't posted in a while. For starters, the heat wave finally got to me and I just couldn't bring myself to make anything, at all. In fact, I hadn't slept one full hour over 5 consecutive nights, to say I was the walking dead would be an understatement.


Secondly, I got married on the weekend. It was just the formal signing of the papers before the actual wedding in 3 weeks, but it did seem to monopolise my weekend. The impending wedding itself has disposed of any idea of a free night, with dancing lessons, final payments, RSVPs etc I have so little time that it took me a whole 2 DAYS to read the new Donna Hay magazine sitting on my sofa. I cannot wait until I can be a couch potato again, absolute bliss I say.


Tonight I had my father, his partner and my brother over for dinner so I had to make something. I wanted a dessert that was a little more 'adult'; opening my liquor cabinet I grabbed the unopened bottle of Limoncello.


ease: 5/5.
prep time:
10mins.
cooking time: 30mins.
total: 40mins.

taste: 4/5. This was lovelier than I thought it would be (I had some reservations with the custard and liquor combo). I used frozen blueberries as I didn't like the look of the ones at the supermarket. The berried gave a beautiful tart sweetness with their juice, whilst the crumb base was perfect,not too crumbly, not too firm. The Limoncello only vaguely hinted at in the light lemon custard. My dad polished his dish in seconds, and my dad doesn't normally like my sweets, he even took half of it home with him.

would I make it again: Yes - no one hated it and it was fairly simple.

recipe: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/16581/limoncello+and+blueberry+slice

No comments:

Post a Comment