Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Pork belly stuffed with Calvados prunes


This lunch dish was destined for a lovely dinner, but at the last minute it was shelved for some greasy vegetable noodles in a paper box.

I feel a little ashamed in how rushed this dish was, as it really deserves care and appreciation - however I had an appointment and it was made to fit in with my schedule, photos taken whilst halfway out the door. None of this took anything away from the end result as it was still delicious.


ease: 5/5.
prep time:
10mins.
cooking time: 50mins.
total: 1 hour.

taste: 4/5.
Ryan enjoyed this and didn't find the belly too fatty, the pork meat was soft and the skin was crackling crisp. I used a 700g pork belly and so halved the recipe. I didn't have any string but everyone still cooked well. My dad said you could definitely taste the Calvados with the prunes. It was enough for 3 with a side dish.

would I make it again: Yes - it was easy and tasted nice.

recipe: Rolled pork belly stuffed with Calvados prunes

3 comments:

  1. Your pictures are awesome. thanks for visiting my blog, I adore your latest recipe. I'm wating for the autumn to use prunes and all these yummy things... regards.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG, that pork belly looks so scrumptious with it's crispy skin!

    Cheers,

    Rosa

    ReplyDelete
  3. It has been sooooo long since Ive enjoyed pork belly!!! Now you have me wanting it!! Im glad you both liked!

    ReplyDelete